Friday, October 23, 2009

Helpful blogging tools and info

I've been playing around with some of the third party tools available to bloggers, and I thought I'd share some of the ones that I find most useful.

Sitemeter
Sitemeter is a nice utility that be added to your blog by simple HTML insertion that lets you track a number of useful statistics like page views, unique user visits, references (pages with links that led people to you), and geographical locations of your visitors.

Feedburner
Feedburner is a highly versatile set of tools that allows you to publish your blog in feed formats that can be easily consumed by many feed readers, as well as adding some extras to your content such as 'Digg this' type links.

How to get Me to Read Your Blog
Not actually a tool, but a very good article on getting your blog noticed.  I strongly recommend it.

I hope these prove as useful to you as they were to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment